Scrum Master Certification for PSM & Agile Foundation
This Scrum Master Certification for PSM & Agile Foundation course prepares you for the Professional Scrum Master® (PSM® I) Certification exam. This course also covers the key components of Agile using Scrum. We address the challenges of adopting and opportunities provided by integrating an Agile product development and project management approach. Scrum is the most popular Agile framework that uses simple techniques to increase productivity, delivery, and quality. This methodology also leads to greater team satisfaction. Scrum is an iterative, incremental framework for developing any product or managing any work. Scrum provides a framework which allows teams to deliver a potentially shippable set of functionality every iteration, providing the agility needed to respond to rapidly changing requirements. The Scrum framework constantly challenges its users to focus on improvement. Its Sprints provide the stability to address the ever-changing needs that occur in any project. These characteristics have led to Scrum becoming the most popular method in the world of Agile software development. This course concentrates on areas the Professional Scrum Master PSM I exam focuses on. Delivered by Data Analysis & Results experienced and certified instructors and consultants.
Training Duration & Format
Two-days Instructor Led at our site, your site(s), or Virtual Remote. This course and all DA&R courses can be delivered in person or Virtually in any time zone for consistency for your world-wide Learners.
Contact Us for information on how to split this course into non-consecutive delivery days to keep your people working or to allow them time to implement best practices between sessions.
Request Onsite Training
Are you looking for ways to improve your firm, nonprofit, or government agency? DA&R can help your organization excel with Agile, Project Management, Business Analysis, and Leadership Learning, Consulting Services, and Staffing. We offer flexible and tailored solutions. See our world-wide client list! We train and consult in 25+ countries.
Contact Us or 1-512-850-4402 or Info@DataAnalysis.com to determine if an onsite, Customize Your Programor our services can help solve your organization problems.
Valuable For The Following Professionals
Skill Areas: Project Management, Agile, Business Analysis, Leadership, Certification, Process Improvement, System Development, IT, Methods
This program is designed for those eager to obtain the desirable PSM® Agile Scrum Master Project Management Certification.
- Those desiring or who want to know about PSM® I Professional Scrum Master® Certification
- Prospective or current Agile Team Members
- Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Quality/Test Staff
- Managers of Project/Program Managers, PMO Managers
- Application Developers, Technical Staff, Software Engineers
- Program Managers, Project Managers, Process Managers
- Project Leads, Project Coordinators, Portfolio Managers
- Agile Managers, Development Managers, & Tech Leads
- Business Analysts, Business Systems & Systems Analysts
- External and Internal Consultants
- Senior Staff
- Directors, Leaders at all levels
College degree, 1+ years of professional experience in projects, software, or product development in commercial, government, or nonprofit organizations, or our Project Management Foundation course or similar.
Professional Education Focus Areas
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to
- Increase your probability of passing the exam by focusing only on relevant exam topics
- Develop a short personal study plan based on your strengths, weaknesses, and learning style
- Understand the elimination process to help answer questions correctly
- Learn tricks for selecting the BEST answer per PSM best practices
- Exercises and condensed notes help you conceptualize and understand, (not just memorize) the information you need to know
- Optional: Practice in a PSM® exam simulator similar to the real exam environment
- Study for Professional Project Manager (PSM®) Exam
- Experience Professional Scrum Master (PSM®) practice exam
- Perform various exercises to reinforce key learning concepts
- Increase your probability of passing exam
- Focus only on relevant exam topics
Contact Us to discuss customizing for your staff.
Why Data Analysis & Results (DA&R)?
We share in your success! Our courses are consistently rated excellent, as are our very experienced Consultant Instructors, who average 20+ years in project management, operations, and other key leadership roles. For organizations, we can support your projects and change efforts via Consulting, Speaking, Training, and Staffing. For individuals, we provide advice and limited job placement help if you are seeking employment. Here are our Testimonials, Clients, and Course Calendar professional development education training courses.
Certification Exams Formal Education Hours & Continuing Education Credit
- Study for the Professional Scrum Master® (PSM® I) exam
- Qualifies for 14 PDU®s for Project Management Institute® PMI® Project Management Professional® PMP® and Agile Certified Practitioner® PMI-ACP® accreditation
- Qualifies for 14 SEU®s for Scrum Alliance® CSP® Certified Scrum ® accreditation
- Qualifies for 14 CDU®s for International Institute of Business Analysis® IIBA® Certified Business Analysis Professional® CBAP® and CCBA® accreditation
- Course developed and maintained by a Scrum.Org® Certified Provider so you can be assured of highest quality
Exam fee is not included in the cost of the course.
PSM® EXAM INTRODUCTION & LOGISTICS
Develop your own customized study plan
Exam study tips
What to expect on exam day
INTRODUCTION TO AGILE
Building a foundation in Agile – What is Agile and how has it changed over the years?
Exploring why Scrum works, and how it can help your projects
Applying the Scrum Framework – Using the framework successfully, including principles, roles, rules, and artifacts required
SCRUM ARTIFACTS & TEAMS
Developing high-performing teams – Building self-organizing, cross functional teams that work towards shared goals
THE AGILE PRODUCT LIFECYCLE
AGILE SIZING AND ESTIMATING
Realizing the “Art of Possible” – Fostering your organization to embrace Scrum
Critical Success Factors for Implementing Scrum – Implementing Scrum while not losing control
COURSE CLOSE – FINAL QUESTIONS
The Fine Print
Our consultants don’t just communicate information. They include best practices to encourage learners to assess a situation, use data analysis, collaborate, take the right actions, and make appropriate decisions to drive real results.
Here’s just a bit of what our alumni have to say from our Testimonials
“Instead of giving instruction and sending us on our way, you helped us with starting a realistic approach that we can take back to the office and use immediately.”
- Sr. Project Manager, with over $275m of construction and software projects, large State of Texas government agency
“We realized the first day that we were our own worst enemy. Come ready to change and you will benefit greatly from this business analysis training. We will bring Darrel and his team in-house prior to our next big project.” - Sr. Director, leading Non-Profit Software Vendor
All courses may include multiple on-site and virtual live instructors to maximize Learner experience and points of view.
Agile & Integrated Business Analysis (A&I BA), WEDIAKPO2!, and DA&R are trademarks of Data Analysis & Results, Inc.
IIBA, IIBA logo, BABOK, Business Analysis Body of Knowledge®, CBAP, Certified Business Analysis Professional, Certification of Competency in Business Analysis, CCBA, Endorsed Education Provider, EEP, and EEP logo are marks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
PSM, PSM I, PSM II, PSM III, and Professional Scrum Master and logos are marks owned by Scrum.org.
PMBOK Guide Knowledge Areas: Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement, Stakeholder. PMI, PMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.