Business Analysis Foundation and Best Practices
This fundamentals course guides professionals and teams who need to participate in, manage, or lead requirements and testing efforts on projects or operations using flexible, tailorable methods. The program empowers and educates through multiple learning channels including direct team\based project exercises, best practices discussion, tailoring processes to fit every situation, lecture, graphics, and will equip you to start tailoring templates with best practices. The course addresses one of the biggest challenges leaders face: motivating others to perform processes they are unfamiliar with. This focus fosters higher levels of accountability.
Every attendee brings back real\world, proven best practices and processes to apply immediately on the job. Program instructors are DA&R practicing business analysis, project, program, and operational consultants and senior managers with years of project experience spanning many industries. The program uses The Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®), The Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®), the CMMI® (Capability Maturity Model® Integration),and other industry standards and fundamentals to bring participant experience to a new level of tailored best practices.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for anyone who needs information about and a grounding in business analysis.
Professionals, project teams, technical and other subject matter experts, team leads, project leads, project and program managers, executives, operations managers, business analysts, technical writers, assistants, staff, and those who wish to dramatically improve their business analysis results and deepen their ability to deliver value through projects and operations. This is the most popular business analysis course for entire project teams to attend. We can work on your project with your processes in class!
- Business Analysis lifecycle tailoring
- 4 "Hard Questions" to ask early
- Estimates that stick and make sense
- Building a realistic scope statement
- Negotiating with sponsors and teams
- Reducing project documentation
- Scope and Requirements Management
- Managing change including processes
- Priority setting and consensus
- Create and maintain your "One List"
Agile & Integrated Business Analysis (A&IBA)
- Concepts and how to apply them for maximum results
- Foster a culture of prioritization and choices
- Eliciting Requirements
- Analyzing Requirements
- Writing Requirements & accompanying tests
- Why, how, and when to tailor processes
- What to expect from a Business Analyst
- Technical Writing for Business Analysis
- Proactive issue management