Project Management (PMP) • Process Improvement Champion DAR-Candidate-W1528
Project Management (PMP) • Process Improvement Champion
- 25 years of progressive leadership and project management in IT and Telecom
- Unique blend of technical and business skills with strong communications and interpersonal
- Led successful projects, managed technical teams, and developed valuable strategic solutions
Private Consulting firm, Austin, TX2017 to present
As a WBE Certified small business, we serve adult learners, business clients, and Higher Education.
- Project Management training, skill development games, coaching, and PM contracting
- Passionate advocate for the PM profession - support the advancement and enrichment of PMs
- Responsible for course design using Articulate Storyline 360 and Moodle LMS
Director of Program Management1992-2017
CHR Solutions, Inc. (CHR) is a leading provider of services and solutions to communications service providers around the world. CHR is a comprehensive, single-source provider of business consulting, engineering, software and managed IT services. Through mergers and professional growth, I advanced from entry level to management, working within four different divisions. With each experience, whether it is was leading a new team or leading progressively complex projects, I learned valuable real-world lessons that have helped shape my solution oriented and team driven leadership approach.
- Director of Program Management, Engineering Services; 09/2015-06/2017
- Principal Consultant, Business Process Improvement – Technology Infrastructure and Engineering; 2013 – 09/2015
- Senior Director, Project Management Office – Technology Infrastructure and Engineering; 2009-2013
- Senior Consultant, Business Consulting Group; 2007-2009
- Senior Director, Information Management Services; 2000-2007
- Manager, Information Management Services; 1997-2000
- Associate Manager, Information Management Services; 1993-1997
- Analyst, Access Services; 1992-1993
Business Process Improvement
My skills in project management matured from using an ad hoc approach to applying a standardized method driven approach. I found value and power in flexible, standard processes and began to champion continuous improvement. Combining my project management skill with my technology background gave me the expertise to move into a new position as Principal Consultant – Business Process Improvement within our Technology Infrastructure and Engineering Team.
The most dangerous phrase in the language is "We've always done it this way."
- Instituted Monthly Execution Reviews to provide management oversight of key projects
- Championed process improvement, leading a team to create company-wide processes
- Developed and implemented Microsoft SharePoint Strategy, created Project/Team Sites
- Developed and implemented an idea capture process that went corporate-wide
- Developed project KPIs/dashboard for Metrics, Margin Analysis and Forecasting
- Created methodology for forecasting revenue and cash flow using Business Unit KPIs
Obtained my PMP as I had managed projects throughout my IT career but never with an understanding of disciplined approaches available to help ensure project success. I found I had a passion for PM. It blended my technical and management abilities to help solve business problems and see the results of my efforts at project completion. I then led the Engineering Portfolio and the fledgling PMO and team of PMPs. I was promoted to the overall Program Director for the entire Tier 3 Telecom Provider Market along with oversight of several large Tier 1/2 carrier programs.
- Responsible for ensuring meeting internal objectives & KPIs for margin, revenue growth, continuous improvement, financial & legal compliance, as well as keeping our clients satisfied
- Program Director for Tier 1/2 Cable and Telecom Providers
- Managed project to implement a comprehensive project accounting system throughout the organization bringing valuable reporting, billing - invoice cycle down from 12 to 7 business days
- Developed and Implemented project based budgeting using Microsoft Dynamics SL project accounting tool including strategy/requirements definition, documentation, reporting, and training
- Led team of up to nine project managers managing complex multi-year engineering and outside plant consulting projects
- Championed implementation of a PMO: standard methodology, processes, and reporting
- Managed IT projects and oversight of PMs for multiple half-million dollar projects consistently delivering on time and under budget including software implementations, technology upgrades, and infrastructure projects
- Responsible for Strategic Direction, IT Business Plan, and Budget development
Education & Certifications
- PMP Project Management Professional - Project Management Institute. Member of Project Management Institute (PMI), 2005-present. Member of local Austin PMI Chapter, 2009-present. PMP Certified, 2009.
- B.B.A, Business Management, University of Texas at Austin