DA&R writes for small to large publications, online and print. We also blog and create other resources regularly for our clients use and for the public via our DA&R Blog - The Management Advisor. We have successfully sold articles and white papers, have written for 25+ publications, and have been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, CIO Magazine, CIO Online, and over a dozen more.
The person who matters most is the reader or client of the executive or other buyer who invested in our writing and research fee. Many times we are hired to shake things up. In fact, contact us to hear about our Irritating Research© that we have been doing for clients for years! One buyer described they wanted to really motivate their people to change, and fast! We sometimes make some readers uncomfortable, for their own good. People change only when they are self-motivated or are really prompted by another person they respect. We help our client drive lasting change by "Knocking The Stupid©" out of their processes and attitudes.
Count on us for motivating, direct, clear writing to persuade and inform people of all levels.
- Original Research and Report Writing (Much of our work is for clients and cannot be listed...)
- White Papers on topics of your choice or our array of process, leadership, or technical areas
- Custom Course Ware for us to deliver or for your in-house staff to deliver, we also T3 (Train The Trainer)
- Articles for your in-house publications
- Marketing Material in collaboration with our Marketing and Public Relations partners
- Interviews and Quotes for that special executive or occasion, have us draft the perfect piece to round out your event or publication
DA&R's Senior Team has years of research and writing experience. Many of our clients end up not editing our work at all, speaking to the level of knowledge and how well we get to know our customers. DA&R has relationships with professional Technical Writers should you need ongoing consulting or contract help, and we do place Tech Writers on a part-time or full-time basis, including Temp-To-Perm. Our team provides an objective, outside influence or a "fresh eye" on difficult issues, coupled with expert facilitation and documentation skills. Let us help your teams effectively move ahead.
Contact Us to discuss your writing needs!
Project Victories Partner/Guest Blogs- Many topics...
- Part 1 & 2 on Culture and Why It Is Important to Your Organization
- How to Manage Remote Workers
- HOW TO MOVE FROM #NOESTIMATES TO GOOD ESTIMATING PRACTICES USING DATA
- #NOESTIMATES – THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY…
- BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION CHANGE MANAGEMENT AND HOW TO USE IT
- THE 3 TYPES OF CHANGE MANAGEMENT – USE THEM ALL!
- RESOURCE ALLOCATION ISSUES – BITE THE BULLET AND PUT 25% OF YOUR PROJECTS ON HOLD!
Managing a Business with Remote Workers - Challenges of hiring, forming, and managing virtual teams in remote locations.
COVER STORIES OR FEATURES: 1500-4000 words, audience: general
American Programmer, premier journal of software engineering
Team Training For Successful Projects: Using A Skills Matrix For Planning
The Hidden Benefits of Reengineering
Dallas/Ft. Worth Technology, regional high-tech magazine for managers
- The Growing DFW Telecommunications Corridor (Cover story)
- TECHNOLOGY FEATURE FOCUS: Current Laser Printer Technology
- Monthly column for 2 years
Business & Technology Consultant, national magazine for professional consultants
- THE ANATOMY OF A CONSULTING FIRM: THE SKILLS, CAPITAL, CONTACTS AND ENERGY NEEDED FOR A SUCCESSFUL CONSULTING PRACTICE
- PRACTICE MANAGEMENT: Remaining an Objective Consultant
The Independent, ICCA National Magazine for consultants - frequent columns and articles of interest to consultants
TECHNICAL RESEARCH REPORTS: 2500-5000 words, audience: corporate managers needing technology summaries
Faulkner Technical Reports, international reference and research provider
- RETOOLING THE INFORMATION SYSTEMS FUNCTION
- COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES MANAGEMENT (Shared Tenant Services) (twice)
- THE USED COMPUTER MARKET (twice)
- EVALUATING TECHNICAL VENDOR SUPPORT POLICIES (twice)
- REENGINEERING: INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND BUSINESS PROCESSES
- CASE: COMPUTER AIDED SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
- PRINTERS: TECHNOLOGIES AND TRENDS (twice)
- OPERATING SYSTEMS AND ENVIRONMENTS
- AT&T ACCUMASTER Integrator (Network review)
- FINANCIAL SERVICES INDUSTRY TELECOMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY
COLUMNS AND SHORT FEATURES: 500-1100 words
audience: corporate employees and small business managers
Computer Currents Dallas and Houston editions, regional high-tech magazine
1Interviews & Commentary from the CompuTalk Radio Show, monthly column
European Electronic Messaging Association Journal - Briefing
Reducing Texas Welfare Fraud Smart Card Technology
Dallas/Ft. Worth Technology, regional high-tech magazine
Jan Business Process Reengineering
plus a short feature: PC Software: When to Upgrade?
Feb Object Oriented Design & CASE
Mar Workgroup DeskTop Publishing Standards
Apr Document Management Imaging - Profile: ViewStar
May Software Testing - Profile: AutoTester
Jun Maintenance Outsourcing - Profile: Power Computing
Quality and the Gulf War Effort - Profile: Texas Instruments
Telecommuting (Workers at Home)
Consultants vs. Contract Professionals: How To Choose?
Downsizing Applications: Moving to PCs - Operating Systems Implications
Notebook Computing: Communicating and Productivity
NETWORK LAN/WAN Administrator Topics
Technology for Home-Based Businesses
Why Use Bar Coding Technology?
Is Remote Computing For You?
Online Service Use
Data Security - Tips for the PC or LAN Shop
Using The New IBM & Microsoft Operating Environments
Computer Printer Technology Update
Optical Discs - Ready for Prime Time?
Use E-mail and Say Goodbye to Telephone Tag!
LAN Cost/Benefit Analysis: Common Topics
Avoiding Computer-Related Health Problems
CASE - Computer Aided Software Engineering
Business Process Engineering - When To Do?
Computer Consultants Direct Resources, national consultants newsletter
Client Relations: Software & Marketing and Sharing Information
reviews for Consultants Bookshelf: (also many short tips & tricks pieces)
Agents of Change
Getting Business to Come to You
Home Office Computing, national small business 'how to' magazine
The PC User's Survival Guide and Pocket PCRef book reviews