Lean Six Sigma Foundation
Professional Training Summary
This Leadership and Optimization of Your Team's Performance course prepares you to guide your teams and direct reports to success. The better your teams and direct reports perform, the better you all look! It covers the key components of what to do to increase your Teams' performance and how to do so. Step up to Lead, Manage, Coach, Train, and deliver, while getting the most out of your Team. Gain and hold the respect of your Direct Reports. Learn about and experience many of the most proven Best Practices adopted by world-class leaders. Come away with many templates and examples of how to motivate and improve your direct reports and teams. Delivered by Data Analysis & Results certified experienced instructors and consultants.
Training Duration & Format
2-days Instructor Led at our Site, your Site(s), or Virtual Remote. This course and all DA&R courses can be delivered Virtually in any time zone for consistency for your world-wide Learners.
Request Onsite Training
Are you looking for ways to improve your firm, nonprofit, or government agency? DA&R can help your organization excel with this course or a blend for a customized training program including Agile, Project Management, Business Analysis, and Leadership Learning. We offer flexible and tailored solutions. See our world-wide client list!
Valuable For The Following Professionals
This program is designed for those eager to improve their Leadership and Management skills and their Team's and direct reports performance.
- Those interested in growing their Leadership and Management Skills and Results
- Aspiring Leads, Supervisors, Managers, and Senior Managers
- Those who want more responsibility and to be more effective
- Managers of Project/Program Managers, PMO Managers
- Program Managers, Project Managers, Process Managers
- Agile Managers, Development Managers, & Tech Leads
- Those preparing for promotion
- External and Internal Consultants
- First-time Managers and those with increasing responsibility
- Senior Staff, Directors, VPs, Leaders at all levels
College degree, or 1+ years of professional experience in commercial, government, or nonprofit organizations, or our Project Management Foundation course or similar.
Professional Education Benefits
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to
- Increase your probability of retaining and growing your direct reports
- Develop templates and plans for immediate use back on the job
- Gain and maintain control over your projects and operations
- Perform various exercises to reinforce key learning concepts
- Increase your probability of promotion
- Focus only on what will help you and your teams
Contact Us to discuss customizing for your staff.
Why Data Analysis & Results (DA&R)?
We share in your success! Our courses are consistently rated excellent, as are our very experienced Consultant Instructors, who average 20+ years of performing on projects, operations, and as many types of leaders. For organizations, we can support your projects and change efforts via Consulting, Speaking, and Staffing. For individuals, we provide advice and some job placement help if you are seeking employment. Here is a summary of some of our services, testimonials, and upcoming open enrollment professional education training courses. We train and consult in 25+ countries.
Certification Exams Formal Education Hours & Continuing Education Credit
- Qualifies for 14 PDU®s for Project Management Institute® PMI® Project Management Professional® PMP® and PMI® accreditations
- Qualifies for 14 CDU®s for International Institute of Business Analysis® IIBA® Certified Business Analysis Professional® CBAP® and CCBA® accreditations
Logistics, Materials, & Course Expectations
DA&R’s Agile & Integrated™ (A&I™) set of Best Practice Tools
Leadership of & Optimizing Your Direct Reports Performance
Who We Are & What We Do as Leaders
Leading By Example
Ensuring We Fulfill Expectations
You and Your Direct Reports
Meet & Greet
Set Expectations for 1 on 1’s, Status, & Escalations
Motivating Your Direct Reports
Skip Levels All Around!
Planning including Scheduling
Individual & Team Expertise
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Policies, Procedures, Regulations, & The Law
Training & Career Management
Forging & Improving Relationships
Professionalism & Business Etiquette
Making & Meeting Commitments
Summarizing, Reporting, & Presenting
Encouraging & Leveraging Diversity
Forging a Culture for Remote Teams
Managing Distributed Teams
Effective Meetings & Workshops
Planning Your Meetings & Best Practices
Holding Your Meetings
Follow Up From Your Meetings
Giving & Getting Feedback
Plan Your Coaching Moments
The Feedback Roadmap
Course Close - Final Questions
Best Practices Revisited
References & Resources
Next Steps Options: Short-Term vs. Long-View Strategic Changes
Low Hanging Fruit and High ROI Options
The Fine Print
Our consultants don’t just communicate information. They include best practices to encourage learners to assess a situation, use data analysis, collaborate, take the right actions, and make appropriate decisions to drive real results.
Here’s just a bit of what our alumni have to say:
“Instead of giving instruction and sending us on our way, you helped us with starting a realistic approach that we can take back to the office and use immediately.”
- Sr. Project Manager, with over $275m of construction and software projects, large State of Texas government agency
“We realized the first day that we were our own worst enemy. Come ready to change and you will benefit greatly from this business analysis training. We will bring Darrel and his team in-house prior to our next big project.”
- Sr. Director, leading Non-Profit Software Vendor
All courses may include multiple on-site and virtual live instructors to maximize Learner experience, flexibility, and points of view.
Agile & Integrated (A&I), WEDIAKPO2!, and DA&R are trademarks of Data Analysis & Results, Inc.
IIBA, IIBA logo, BABOK, Business Analysis Body of Knowledge®, CBAP, Certified Business Analysis Professional, Certification of Competency in Business Analysis, CCBA, Endorsed Education Provider, EEP, and EEP logo are marks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
PSM, PSM I, PSM II, PSM III, and Professional Scrum Master and logos are marks owned by Scrum.org.
PMBOK Guide Knowledge Areas: Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement, Stakeholder. PMI, PMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.